The Church of The Blessed Sacrament was started in 1902 to meet the needs of the growing numbers of Catholics moving into the West End of Albany and adjacent Town of Colonie.
The current Parish church was built in 1902 with a temporary rear wall for future expansion. This was expanded and completed in 1952 at the time of the 50th anniversary of the Parish. During the Centennial celebration in 2002, the entire Church building was restored and updated.
In 1916, the Parish school was opened and continues today in a second structure erected in 1963. The Parish hall is part of this structure and is utilized for many Parish events.
Today, the Parish continues to meet the spiritual needs of the area and beyond. The religious education of the people of all ages are met as well as the needs of the poor and the ill.
Check this website for our many programs offered in order for us to assist you in continuing our work to live and spread the Gospel message of Jesus Christ.
Sincerely in Christ,
Rev. John J. Bradley